Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center's Medical Skills Learning Center and accompanying coursework are designed to improve patient safety, strengthen critical thinking skills, and improve patient outcomes. Virtual and hands-on coursework also help healthcare professionals earn continuing education credits.
Conemaugh Memorial's Medical Skills Learning Center includes a wireless classroom, extensive coursework options, a procedures lab, and a state-of-the-art simulation suite to assist healthcare professionals in mastering latest patient care techniques. Resources can be combined to recreate realistic scenarios that range from a standard operating suite to a hectic Emergency Room after a mass casualty.
- Accommodates up to 20 students for lectures or meetings
- Wireless "smart room" equipped with whiteboard, LCD projector, and laptops
- Videoconferencing capabilities
- Additional classroom space available to accommodate up to 60 learners
- Equipped with models, simulators, and task trainers to assist learners in perfecting technical skill
- Practice for skills ranging from basic airway and wound management to an array of complex surgical procedures
- Opportunity for skill proficiency assessment during live instruction by faculty mentor, or recorded and saved for evaluation and debriefing at a later date
- Serves as a Wet Lab for cadaver-based training to review anatomy and perform surgical procedures
Human Patient Simulation Lab
Conemaugh Memorial's simulator family includes i-Stan, SimJunior, SimBaby, and Noelle Birthing and Premie Hal. Trauma Man, SonoMan, and Blue Phantom ultrasound access models are also available.