Conemaugh School of Nursing's two-year curriculum is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Each school year begins in August and consists of two 16-week semesters and one 8-week semester. Students must successfully complete Anatomy & Physiology 1 and 2 with a "C" or better as pre-requisites to the program.
Upon graduation, students will have logged 990 clinical hours and earned 25 college credits and 50 nursing credits.
For a detailed list of courses, please click here and see catalog pages 14-19.
Conemaugh School of Nursing partners with several Pennsylvania colleges, allowing graduates to apply Conemaugh School of Nursing credits toward a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
- Grand Canyon University: Awards a minimum of 84 credits and a maximum of 90 credits to Conemaugh School of Nursing students; Requires an additional 11 Courses to complete the online Bachelors program. Reduction in tuition cost is offered to our graduates.
- Carlow College: Awards Maximum of 88 college credits for Conemaugh nursing courses and transfers in Penn Highlands Community College credits. Accelerated 8 week sessions with 5 start terms per academic year. Reduction in tuition cost is offered to our graduates.
- Mount Aloysius College: Awards a maximum of 90 college transfer credits comparable to those offered by Mount Aloysius College for a Bachelors Degree. The length of program is dependent on an individualized plan. Reduction in tuition cost is offered to our graduates.
- Drexel University: Drexel will allow you to transfer up to 135 of the required 180 quarter credits to graduate. Remaining credits will be evaluated on an individual basis. Reduction in tuition cost is offered to our graduates.
- Chamberlain University: Program is 100% online and application fee is waived. An RN with an associate degree or diploma will be awarded 77 proficiency credits from previous educational experience. This leaves 45 credit hours remaining – and you can transfer in additional qualifying credits. The RN-BSN option is 122 credits. Courses are completed according to your schedule. Offers a 25% tuition reduction.