Home Health & HospiceCall 800.860.6036
Exceptional home-based services
Conemaugh Home Health offers a dedicated team of professionals who provide exceptional home-based services that include skilled nursing care, physical, occupational and speech therapy, and nurse aide and medical social worker services, backed by the services of Conemaugh Health System. The agency has received recognition for high patient satisfaction levels, quality of care, quality improvement, and financial performance.
Conemaugh Home Health provides medically necessary services under a physician's care. These services are typically covered by most major health care insurance plans. Our team is available to assist with financial or insurance concerns. Services are provided regardless of age, color, gender, disabilities, race, religion, sex, national origin, or ability to pay.
Find a Home Health LocationView Locations
Referral to Conemaugh Home Health
A referral to Conemaugh Home Health is typically made upon discharge from the hospital or during a visit with a physician. However, anyone can make a referral to Conemaugh Home Health at any time. After patient needs are discussed with Conemaugh Home Health caregivers, the patient's primary care physician will be contacted for approval to provide home health services. Once approved, a home health nurse visits the home to evaluate needs of the patient. A care plan is developed with the patient, home health nurse, and primary care physician.
Conemaugh Home Health has quality assurance programs to ensure that appropriate services are provided and that health care goals are met. Adjustments to the care plan are made when necessary. Visit Home Health Compare to compare Conemaugh Home Health to other home health agencies.
- Assessment, care, and instruction on various health conditions such as heart disease, lung disease and diabetes
- Assessment, care, and instruction on conditions related to surgery
- Medication management
- Falls prevention
- Disease management programs for heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Wound care and dressing changes
- Caring for urinary catheters and colostomies
- Infusion therapy such as antibiotics, chemotherapy, and nutrition
- Mental health / psychiatric care
- Prenatal and post-partum care
- Pediatric care
Home Health Aide
- Assistance with personal care (bathing, hygiene and grooming)
- Exercises to improve physical strength and range of motion
- Gait and transfer training to improve mobility and decrease the risk of falling
- Therapy after orthopedic surgery
- Instruction and exercises to improve function with daily activities
- Home safety evaluation / recommendations including equipment instruction.
Speech Language Pathology
- Treatment of speech and language disorders
- Swallowing evaluation and treatment
Medical Social Services
- Counseling related to the impact of health conditions on the caregiver / support system and for financial concerns
- Assistance with referrals to community resources and alternative living arrangements
Conemaugh Home Health is certified by Medicare and accredited by The Joint Commission.
Conemaugh Home Health is part of a Joint Venture between LHC Group and LifePoint Health.