Admissions & Application
Although our school year begins in August, qualified candidates are invited and encouraged to apply at any time-- Use links below to submit your application electronically. Fall 2023 applications are now closed.
Once an application has been submitted, please be diligent in submitting the needed documents to accompany your application. An application checklist is provided below under Application Requirements to keep you on track! If you are having trouble submitting your application online, you can download a paper application here.
**If you have applied for and/or attended any Conemaugh program previously-- you must select "Returning Applicants" to submit a new application.
Conemaugh School of Nursing
Attn: Admissions Department
1086 Franklin Street
Johnstown, PA 15905
For questions, please call:
Leah Patton, BS, CST, Academic Admissions Coordinator
Admission requirements include but are not limited to:
- US citizens or in good standing with the US Department of Immigration
- Ranking in the upper half of your high school graduating class is preferred
- Minimum high school GPA of 2.5
- "C" or better in high school algebra, biology and chemistry
- High school diploma or GED
- Score of 1000 on SAT or 18 composite score on ACT
- Students who do not have the accepted SAT or ACT scores will be considered for acceptance based on the results of the TEAS exam.
- Please note: If an applicant did not take the SAT or ACT within five years of the application date, he/she must take the TEAS exam to be considered for acceptance
- The admissions committee reserves the right to require any applicant to take the TEAS exam as part of the admissions process
- To register for the TEAS exam please visit https://www.atitesting.com/home.aspx.
- Successful completion of course prerequisites--Anatomy & Physiology 1 and 2. Students must receive "C" or better in each course before nursing program begins. Students can be accepted into program prior to prerequisite completion; however, enrollment is contingent upon successful completion.
Please download Conemaugh's School of Nursing Catalog and the Nursing Student Guide for more information on admission criteria and program objectives.
Our program utilizes a rolling admission process. Applications are reviewed and go to the Admissions Committee for approval once all supporting documentation is received. The completed application includes:
- $35 application fee (paid by check or money order) Payment cannot be submitted online or over the phone at this time.
- Admissions Essay (guidelines for essay can be found on the application checklist above)
- Official high school transcript / GED
- Official transcripts of Algebra, Biology and Chemistry courses if not included on high school transcript
- Official transcript of all post-secondary education programs
- Official SAT, ACT, or TEAS exam score
If necessary, candidates can also arrange for transcripts to be mailed separately to Conemaugh School of Nursing.
References may be required upon request.