Conemaugh Health System's integrative approach to headache pain blends traditional medicine with complementary therapies to help reduce the frequency and severity of chronic headaches.
Blood tests, lab studies, diagnostic tools, physical and neurological exams, personal and family medical histories, and neurodiagnostic testing are used to determine sources of headache pain.
- Lifestyle modification and health education programs, including nutrition counseling and exercise consultations
- Biofeedback and counseling
- Stress management
- Relaxation and stretching exercises
- Physical therapy
- Massage therapy, including therapeutic aquatic massage
- Therapeutic yoga
- Nerve blocks, trigger point injections, and Botox injections
- Prescription medication
Outpatient treatment is effective for most patients. However, severe or debilitating headache pain that does not respond to outpatient therapy may require hospitalization. Admission is considered on an individual basis in close consultation with the patient's primary care physician.
- Pain management specialists
- Registered nurses
- Other health care professionals trained in headache care
Conemaugh Neuroscience and Pain Institute
Conemaugh East Hills Outpatient Center
1450 Scalp Avenue, Second Floor
Johnstown, PA 15904