Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center's Geriatric Trauma Institute is dedicated to serving trauma patients in a coordinated, efficient, state-of-the-art program led by professionals dedicated to providing exceptional care to each patient and their family.
- Maximize the proper triage of the geriatric trauma patient
- Provide the geriatric trauma patient the best care in all needed specialities
- Expedite the operative management for better results
- Provide each patient with the earliest and best rehabilitation possible
- Embrace research with the goal of continually improving outcomes
- Provide the region with geriatric trauma prevention and education
- Decrease the cost of healthcare in the region and nation
Our multi-disciplinary team approach to geriatric trauma care relies on the expertise of numerous clinical specialists including:
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgeons
- Physical / Speech / Occupational Therapy
- Psychology / Behavioral Health
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Case Management
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center's Geriatric Trauma Team works closely with each patient's primary care physician to ensure a smooth transition of care.
Special protocols have been created and trialed at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center to contribute to superior outcomes. Research has shown that geriatric trauma patients treated at Level 1 Trauma Centers, like Conemaugh Memorial, have better outcomes than those treated in acute care hospitals.
*The Journal of Trauma Injury, Infection and Critical Care