Support from family and friends plays an important role in the rehabilitation process. Loved ones are encouraged to participate in the patient's care, including establishing goals, participating in therapy, and planning for discharge. Visitors are welcome when invited by the patient, and are asked to cooperate with visiting guidelines to ensure the privacy and comfort of all patients. Family members can take part in daily therapy between 9 am and 4 pm. The therapist or physician can work with the family to determine the best time to attend.
- Entrance doors are locked at 8 pm
- Smoking in patient rooms, within the Crichton Rehabilitation Center, or on Conemaugh Health System property is prohibited.
- Please be considerate of both patients in semi-private rooms.
- Please do not visit if you have a cold, sore throat, or any contagious illness.
- Please maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Please check in with the nursing staff when arriving for a visit.
- Children are welcome and should be supervised by an adult.
Lodging and Accommodations
A list of nearby hotels, motels, and other lodging is available from the case manager.