Visitors are encouraged for emotional support and recovery of the patient. To provide a restful and safe environment, visitors are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Do not visit if you have a cold, sore throat, fever, or other illness
- Avoid noisy, disruptive behavior to respect the healing of all patients
- Ask before bringing food, drinks, or other items like balloons, flowers, or perfume that might trigger allergies into patient rooms
- Adhere to isolation precautions when posted outside of patient's room
- Wash your hands before entering and when leaving a patient's room
- Make sure all children have a supervising adult with them at all times
- Patient bathrooms are for patient use only
- Medical and Surgical: 6 am - 8 pm; Children under the age of 12 are limited to 15 minutes of visitation and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Intensive Care Unit: 9 am - 8 pm; limit two visitors at a time. Children under the age of 12 are limited to 15 minutes of visitation and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Emergency Department: One person may accompany the patient into the Emergency Department. Visitor may be asked to leave during examination times or during treatment based on patient needs.
Conemaugh Nason Medical Center recognizes that patients need as much rest as possible to promote the healing process. A quiet and restful environment promotes healing, while excessive noise can add stress and be detrimental to healing. To allow patients rest during the day, quiet hours are 1 - 3 pm and after 8 pm daily.