Conemaugh Health System's obstetrics & gynecology includes a board certified Perinatologist specializing in high risk pregnancy, and obstetrics and gynecology physicians. Our board certified physicians offer comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological services, and are experienced in minimally invasive surgery, robotic assisted surgery, and complex gynecological surgery.
Conemaugh Health System certified nurse midwives are specially trained, nationally certified, and licensed to provide women with primary medical care through every stage of life - from preconception counseling, labor, and delivery, to routine gynecological exams and menopause management. Our midwives work hand-in-hand with our physicians to consult, collaborate, and refer patients as necessary to ensure the highest quality care is provided.
Our comprehensive midwifery services include:
- Gynecological exams
- Menopausal management
- Health maintenance and disease prevention
- Preconception, prenatal and obstetrical care
- Assistance with family planning decisions
- Adolescent care
Certified nurse midwife services are covered by most insurance providers. However, check with your provider before beginning care.
Minimally Invasive Techniques
Conemaugh Health System offers minimally invasive surgery with benefits including smaller incisions, shorter hospital stays and reduced recovery time.
Common minimally invasive gynecological procedures performed at Conemaugh Health System include:
- Hysterectomy alternatives, such as supra cervical hysterectomies and vaginal hysterectomies
- Fibroid removal through uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial thermal balloon ablation for relief from heavy or irregular bleeding
- Ovarian cyst or ovary removals
- Tubal ligation
- Outpatient surgery for urinary incontinence
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center
1086 Franklin Street
Johnstown, PA 15905