Conemaugh / University Orthopedics Sports Medicine Fellowship
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in partnership with Blair Orthopedics is pleased to announce the Initial Accreditation of our Family Medicine Sports Medicine Fellowship. The fellowship director is Eric Kephart, DO who completed his sports medicine fellowship at St. Joseph’s Medical Center and Commonwealth Orthopedic Associates, Reading, PA.
Applications are being accepted until October through ERAS for one fellow with a July 1 start date.
The fellow will have the opportunity to train with our expert sports medicine family and orthopedic physicians and will receive most of their training in the Blair Orthopedics Sports Medicine Center of Excellence located in Altoona, PA and at Nason Hospital Roaring Spring, PA.
- The fellowship provides a well-balanced curriculum covering all aspects of primary care sports medicine including:
- Direct interaction with University Orthopedic Center's faculty in the clinic, training room, operating room, and at sporting events
- Highly trained faculty in a wide range of sports medicine sub-specialty fields, both surgical and non-surgical
- Office based practice experience
- Pre-participation physicals
- Experience treating professional, collegiate, and high school athletes
- Opportunity to work with "weekend warriors" and general patients with variety of musculoskeletal complaints
- Primary care training under the direction of Jeanne Spencer, MD
On site training with the latest technology including:
- Neuropsychological testing for concussion management
- Compartment pressure testing
- Durable medical equipment
- Produce quality, competent, caring, physicians ready to enter the sports medicine world with knowledge and skill
- Provide the fellow with total educational support from all physicians, administration, and allied health professionals
- Prepare the fellow to practice primary care sports medicine and successfully pass the CAQ in sports medicine