Page Header

Transitional Care Unit

Questions about Conemaugh's Transitional Care Unit

Can clergy members visit me?

Pastoral counselors from all denominations are always welcome to visit patients.  TCU staff will also be happy to contact patient's personal clergy upon request.

Can I smoke?

Smoking is not permitted at any Conemaugh Health System facility.

Who can visit me?

Visitors of all ages are welcome at any time when invited by the resident. To protect patient's health and that of fellow residents, visitors with colds, sore throats, or other communicable illnesses are asked to postpone their visit until the condition has cleared.

Where can visitors park?

Parking is available for residents and visitors for a nominal fee in the parking plaza directly in front of Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center - Lee Campus. Automobile and pedestrian entrances are located on Main and Walnut Streets. Valet parking is also available at the Lincoln Street entrance. This is a free service but donations are always welcome to assist the greatest needs of patients within Conemaugh Health System. 

Can I get my hair cut or styled?

We are happy to contact a hairdresser upon request. Patients can request a list of services and prices from nursing staff. 

Can I receive mail?

Mail, packages, and flowers are always welcome and are delivered directly to each patient's room. Items can be addressed to patients at:

Transitional Care Unit
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center

Lee Campus, Second Floor
320 Main Street
Johnstown, PA 15901

Mail sent after a patient is discharged will be forwarded to the patient's home. A copy of the daily newspaper is also delivered to the TCU and is available at the Nursing Station.

Is there a television in my room?

Cable television service is provided.  Please contact the nursing staff for more information. Residents are asked to keep the volume at a level that suits both patients in the room if sharing a room. 

Can I make telephone calls from my room?

Yes. In-room telephone service is available 24 / 7.  Residents are responsible for long-distance calls.  If hearing impaired, please contact the nursing staff for assistance. If you have a cell phone, you are free to use it anytime. There is no charge if you bring your own telephone.

Who should I contact if I have questions, concerns, or comments about my care?

Your thoughts and concerns are important to us. Please feel free to contact us any time with any questions or comments you may have. You can reach the Transitional Care Unit Administrator or Director of Nursing during regular business hours at (814) 534-6115.  After hours, please contact the Nursing Station at (814) 534-6111.