Psychiatrist - Adult
Memorial Medical Center
Memorial Medical Center, along with Conemaugh Physician Group, is seeking a BC/BE Psychiatry physician to join our multispeciality employed practice opportunity.
Conemaugh Physician Group is the growing, multi-specialty group partnered with the Conemaugh Health System. The group has more than 120 physicians within 26 specialties and office locations in Cambria, Somerset, Bedford, Indiana and Westmoreland counties of South-Western Pennsylvania. CPG physicians practice in Conemaugh Health System Hospitals as well as community hospitals in the region.
- Adult unit 29 Bed - patients 18 - 55 years of age
- Position will have administrative and clinical responsibilities
- Geriatric Unit 18 bed - 55 years and older
- ECT inpatient and outpatient
- Inpatient acute care consultation
- Outpatient Psychological and psychiatric counseling: family /marital problems, stress management, anxiety/ panic, depression, pain management, and mediation management
- Outpatient drug and alcohol services, including comprehensive assessments, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment, traditional outpatient services, and community prevention education services
- Nursing Home Consultation - 5 local nursing homes
- 2 Physician Assistants - inpatient and outpatient
- Family Practice Residents on call for the general hospital are available on evening shifts to respond to medical emergencies and face to face evaluation for restraints
- Competitive salary plus bonus plan
- Opportunities for teaching
Benefits Package to include:
- Sign-on Bonus
- Relocation package
- Paid Malpractice
- National, State, County Dues
- Two dues of choice
- PPO with Major Medical/Family
- Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dental/Vision Plans – Optional
- Eight Holidays (six national and two personal)
- Vacation days – twenty
- CME – ten days - $4,000.00 allowance
- Disability Benefits
- Call 1-4 - weekend on call for the entire Department of Behavioral Medicine. The psychiatrist makes rounds on the inpatient units with the assistance of a 2nd/3rd year resident or physician's assistant. The “on-call” schedule begins at 4 pm Friday through Monday at 8 am. The psychiatrist is also required to perform inpatient “acute care” consultations as well as respond to patient-related calls by RN's on the inpatient units. Weekday “on call” is one evening a week from 5 pm to 8 am. While the psychiatrist carries a pager and responds to calls, he/she is not required to come into the hospital to see patients in the DEM or inpatient units.
- Highly identifiable leadership skills
- Quality improvement and peer review projects with outcomes
- Ability to quickly develop trust and rapport with patients and family
- Develop working relationships with Physicians that includes easy access to the psychiatrist for discussion regarding medications and other aspects of treatment. Willingness to promote the unit via marketing activities that would include lectures offered to other Community Providers/Physician Dinner-Lecture Meetings/Grand Rounds for Physicians, Residents and other clinical hospital staff and working with the media
Memorial Medical Center highlights include:
- A commitment to Educational Excellence including eight medical residency programs, a PharmD residency, School of Nursing, Schools of Allied Health and a Medical Skills Learning Center which is one of only 58 accredited centers worldwide.
- A large and diverse patient population base served by one tertiary medical center, two community hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation, home health and hospice services.
- Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Program and Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with Aero Medical Transport service.
- Numerous nationally ranked clinical programs including Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Maternity, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Technology advancements including a Pharmacy Robot and Physician Order Entry Information Technology system.
- Advanced Cardiac Catherization Labs, Minimally Invasive Operating Suites, Vascular ORs, Interventional Radiology labs and imaging equipment including 128-slice CT and PET/CT are available.
The Johnstown region, just 70 miles east of Pittsburgh is a safe and scenic community known for its affordable housing, good schools and short commutes. Tourism and technology-based, strategies are making the region a great place to live, work and play. For more about the Johnstown region visit the Web Site: www.visitjohnstownpa.com