Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center (Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital) School of Histotechnology program begins in July of each year. Qualified candidates are invited and encouraged to apply before the deadline. Please download and complete the application and required forms and mail to:
Gerard A. Campagna, PA (ASCP) CM
School of Histotechnology
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center
1086 Franklin Street, Johnstown, PA 15905
When the completed application and required documents are received, we will contact you to schedul an admission interview. The completed packet should include:
- Cover letter explaining the applicant's goals and interest in the program
- Three Reference Forms, sealed and signed across the envelop by the reference (should not be a family member)
- Two references should be from guidance counselors or high school science teachers or employers; One personal reference from a non-relative is also required.
- Candidates can also arrange for transcripts and letters of recommendations to be mailed separately to Conemaugh School of Histotechnology
- Official transcript of all post-secondary education programs
- Application fee - $35.00
- An interview by the Student Selection Committee consisting of the Histotechnology Program Director and at least one other faculty member is also required.
Admission requirements include but are not limited to:
- Consideration shall be given to scholastic aptitude, academic achievement, personal qualities, and physical and emotional health necessary to fulfill the objectives of the program. Provisional admission status may be granted at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
- It is preferred that graduates be ranked in the upper two thirds of their class and a minimum high school GPA of 2.20.
- The applicant must have completed at least 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of Chemistry, including Organic Chemistry.
- The applicant must have completed at least 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of Biology including Microbiology. An Anatomy and Physiology class and / or a Genetics class is recommended.
- The applicant must have complete at least 3 semester hours of a college math class.
Review our Catalog Online
The Histotechnology catalogy is available online in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Format. Click on the link above to view the catalog. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this catalog. Get Acrobat Reader