Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center (Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital) School of Medical Technology Scientists program begins in July of each year. Qualified candidates are invited and encouraged to apply before the deadline. Please download and complete the application and required forms and mail to:
Theresa McCreary, MS, MT(ASCP) SH
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center
School of Medical Technology Scientists
1086 Franklin Street, Johnstown, PA 15905-4398
When the completed application and required documents are received, we will contact you to schedule an admission interview. The completed packet should include:
- Cover letter explaining the applicant's goals and interest in the program
- Three Reference Forms, sealed and signed across the envelope by the references (should not be a family member)
- Candidates can also arrange for transcripts and letters of recommendations be mailed separately to Conemaugh School of Medical Technology
- Official transcript of all post-secondary education programs
- Application fees
- An interview by the Student Selection Committee consisting of the Medical Technology Program director and at least one other faculty member is also required.
Admission requirements include but are not limited to:
- Consideration shall be given to scholastic aptitude, academic achievement, personal qualities, and physical and emotional health necessary to fulfill the objectives of the program. Provisional admission status may be granted at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
- The applicant must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 and minimum Science and Math GPA of 2.5.
- The applicant must have completed at least 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of Chemistry, including Organic Chemistry.
- The applicant must have completed at least 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of Biology including Microbiology. An Anatomy and Physiology class and / or a Genetics class is recommended.
- The applicant must have completed at least 3 semester hours of a college math class.
Review our Catalog Online
The Medical Technology Scientist catalog is available online in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Format. Click on the link above to view the catalog. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this catalog. Get Acrobat Reader