The Transitional Care Unit provides care to those who have been discharged from the hospital but may still need additional medical attention before returning home. Residents who are admitted to the 30-bed unit can receive care for up to 20 days; most residents return to their place of residence within 11 days.
Individuals can be admitted to the Unit if they have:
- Completed a three-day Medicare-approved hospital stay within the last 30 days; if necessary, patients can be admitted directly from the Emergency Department
- An HMO authorization for admission to the Transitional Care Unit
- A discharge plan that calls for the patient to return home or transfer to an appropriate health facility
- Rehabilitation needs – physical, occupational or speech therapy
- Met Medicare coverage guidelines; please contact us for a complete list or more information on these guidelines
Medicare and select HMOs will cover Transitional Care services for up to 20 days. The Unit is not licensed for Medical Assistance. Therefore, its staff cannot provide care to those on Medical Assistance.
For more information, please contact us at:
Transitional Care Unit
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center
Lee Campus, 2nd Floor
320 Main Street
Johnstown, PA 15901