We combine the expertise of several health care professionals to help restore your physical health and support your emotional well-being. During your stay, you will have the opportunity to meet and work with:
- Physicians, including our medical director who is responsible for your care. We can also work with your family doctor to provide direct medical care. Consultations with dentists, ophthalmologists and other physicians are also available.
- Nursing staff, consisting of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Physical therapists (PT), to help you regain muscle strength and mobility.
- Occupational therapists (OT), to help you achieve independence in daily living activities.
- Speech therapists, to enhance your ability to communicate or swallow.
- Audiology specialists, to strengthen your ability to hear and understand.
- Social Work Coordinator and Skilled Care Coordinator, who help you and your family plan for lifestyle changes and future health care needs; assist in discharge planning; provide any necessary counseling; and make referrals to appropriate community agencies.
- Director of Nursing, who coordinates nursing services and ensures that each resident receives safe, effective care.
- Transitional Care Unit Administrator, who coordinates and manages the services you receive, and handles any problems or concerns you may have.
Residents also have immediate access to all Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center – Lee Campus services, including X-rays, ultrasound, nutritional services, respiratory care and wound healing services. Recreational activities, including social events, meals, crafts and other activities are also available and scheduled regularly.
For more information, please contact us at:
Transitional Care Unit
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center
Lee Campus, 2nd Floor
320 Main Street
Johnstown, PA 15901