Healthy Beginnings Plus is for pregnant women across the region who are eligible for Medical Assistance. We screen patients to determine if they are eligible and then start the application process. Eligibility guidelines are very generous and many women qualify even if they are working.
Pregnancy care is directly supervised by members of Conemaugh OB/GYN Associates and all high-risk pregnancies are managed by our high-risk obstetrician. Services are provided at the Women's Center of Memorial Medical Center, 1111 Franklin Street, Suite 210, in Johnstown. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Services at the Women's Center include:
- prenatal education
- nutritional counseling by a registered dietitian
- social service counseling
- genetic counseling
- programs to help women quit smoking
Women who visit the Center also have access to comprehensive gynecological services, including:
- clinical breast exams
- mammogram referrals
- treatment and follow-up of abnormal conditions
- sexually transmitted disease testing, treatment and counseling
- family planning and birth control options
- free pregnancy testing
- hormone replacement therapy
All services are confidential and available to patients regardless of income or insurance.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Women’s Center of Memorial Medical Center at (814)534-9123.