Every year, more than 1,350 babies are born at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center. Six private state-of-the-art labor/delivery/recovery (LDR) rooms and an on-site Level III Regional Intensive Care Nursery help ensure that mothers and babies receive the highest quality care possible during their stay.
Although babies are not delivered at Conemaugh Miners Medical Center or ConemaughMeyersdale Medical Center, our board-certified obstetricians and certified nurse midwives provide weekly and monthly routine prenatal care, fetal ultrasounds and other services to expectant mothers in these communities.
At Memorial, each LDR room includes:
- hydrotherapy (a Jacuzzi and/or shower with pulsating jets) to ease labor pain
- enough space to include family members in the birth experience
- capabilities for private doulas to offer emotional and physical support during the birth
- advanced computer technology to monitor labor and birth
- essential equipment to ensure your baby's safe arrival
Two fully equipped cesarean section operating suites are just steps away from the LDRs, ensuring quick care if needed. Our experienced OB nursing staff and the area's only certified lactation consultant are there to help you every step of the way -- before, during and after the birth. Our Regional Intensive Care Nursery team is also on the floor 24/7 in case of emergency.
As added comfort, patient satisfaction surveys have rated Memorial's labor and delivery nurses in the top one percent of nurses in the country within their peer group when it comes to promptness and response.