You will meet many professionals during your baby's hospital stay, including:
- A neonatologist, a pediatrician who specializes in the care of sick newborns
- A nurse manager, who facilitates, evaluates and coordinates the daily operation of the RICN
- Certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioners (CRPN's), and Physician Assistants who coordinate and direct the care of infants under the supervision of the neonatologist
- Registered Nurses (RNs), who provide hands-on care for all infants
- Occupational and speech therapists to help strengthen and monitor your baby’s developmental progress
- Social service representatives, who can provide information on financial resources and transportation
This team and others who support them have years of experience in the RICN, and are certified to provide specialized care to these special infants.