Laurel Highlands Advanced Imaging
1450 Scalp Avenue
Johnstown, PA 15904
Laurel Highlands Advanced Imaging (LHAI), jointly owned by Cambria Somerset Radiology and Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, is part of an elite group of imaging centers offering state-of-the-art diagnostic services for neurological conditions, cardiac and vascular disease, orthopedics, cancer, pulmonary, and ear/nose/throat conditions.
Onsite radiologists are board certified, sub-specialized and fellowship trained. Using the very latest technology in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT), LHAI provides outstanding images and accurate interpretations, which are critical to patient care. Patients and physicians notice and appreciate this dedication to quality. Satisfaction scores consistently rank between 96 and 100 percent.
Sophisticated diagnostic technology includes:
- 128 slice Siemens SOMATOM Definition Dual Source CT scanner, the world’s fastest and most accurate CT scanner capable of detecting coronary artery disease without invasive catheterization.
- 1.5 T Seimens Espree Open MRI, the most powerful MRI with a “wide open” design that accommodates large patients and helps reduce anxiety and claustrophobia while allowing MR exams to be performed comfortably with quick and accurate results across all applications.
- 1.5 T GE TwinSpeed High-Definition (HDx) MRI, the pinnacle design when it comes to patient comfort, image quality and applications flexibility.
Laurel Highlands Advanced Imaging offers same day appointments and results available within 24 hours.
LHAI offers Breast MRI, providing area doctors with a new way to diagnose hard-to-fine breast cancer. Your doctor may recommend a breast MRI if your mammogram is inconclusive or if further evaluation of the breast is necessary. Using advanced Breast MRI technology, our team generates clearly defined images that can pinpoint otherwise undetected cancer. The exam usually takes less than one hour. Ask your doctor about a Breast MRI if you have:
- Positive or questionable mammograms
- Increased risk for developing breast cancer
- Family history of breast cancer
- Breast cancer gene
- Known breast cancer
- Dense breasts
- Breast implants
- Breast implant rupture or leak
- Other breast conditions
MRI breast biopsies are performed on-site by our experienced radiologists.
Cardiac MRI is performed to help:
- Evaluate the anatomy and function of the heart, valves, major vessels, and surrounding structures (such as the surrounding pericardial sac)
- Diagnose a variety of cardiovascular (heart and/or blood vessel) problems
- Detect and evaluate the effects of coronary artery disease
- Develop treatment plan for cardiovascular problems and monitor a patient's progress over time
Using cardiac MRI, physicians can:
- Examine the size of the heart chambers and the thickness of the heart wall
- Determine the extent of myocardial (heart muscle) damage caused by a heart attack or progressive heart disease
- Assess a patient's recovery following treatment
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (814) 262-7290.