Dr. Gonzalez has serves as the Director of the Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program and has been a member of the Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center pharmacy team since 1981. He is an adjunct clinical instructor or adjunct clinical associate professor at several leading colleges and universities, including Duquesne University, University of Pittsburgh, Temple University School of Medicine, Ohio Northern University, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.
Dr. Gonzalez is a published author and has been actively involved in nearly 20 research projects since 1995. He is a frequent lecturer at local, regional and national conferences, including the annual American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
- Gonzalez III LS. Referees make journal clubs fun. British Medical Journal 2003; 326:106.
- Collier B, Balon J, Miller SL, Kramer G, Gonzalez III, LS. Traumatic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and QTc Prolongation. Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology 2004; 16(3):196-200.
- Leifheit M, Miller S, Barnhart D, Gonzalez III L. Institutional Review Board Approval and Abstracts at the ASHP 2003 Midyear Clinical Meeting. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2005; 62:1890-3.
- Gonzalez III L. Study to Evaluate the Analgesic and Hemodynamic Effects of a Single Dose of Morphine – An Alternative Viewpoint. Pharmacotherapy. 2005; 25(9):1288-90.
- Gonzalez III L. What are Pharmacists and What So They Do? Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2005; 62: 2039-40.
- Gonzalez III L, Miller S, Barnhart D, Leifheit M. Study’s need for IRB approval. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2006; 63:614-15.
- Gonzalez III L . Practical Tips on Reading the Medical Literature. Meeting Programming Associate for Let’s Debate the Literature at the 38th Annual American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. New Orleans, Louisiana. December, 2003.
- Gonzalez III L . What are Pharmacists and What Do They Do?. 39th Annual American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. Orlando, Florida. December, 2004.
- Gonzalez III L .Antibiotic Use in Empiric Therapy: Parts 1 and 2. Meeting Programming Associate for “Simplifying the Choice: Anti-Infective Use in Empiric Therapy” at the 40th Annual American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, Nevada. December, 2005.
- Gonzalez III L . What are Pharmacists and What Do We Do?. Keynote Address
at Minnesota Society of Health System Pharmacists 2006 Annual Conference. Duluth, Minnesota. March, 2006.