Aloysia Hall provides safe and secure inpatient treatment for children ages 4 through 17. Treatments are tailored to meet the individual needs of each child, and emphasize patient and family participation. Interns will be assigned this mini rotation for a period of 4 months out of their rotation, 4 hours every morning for the period assigned.
Common diagnoses include:
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder
- Behavioral disorders
The short-term program is designed to stabilize the child so that he/she can return home and continue treatment outside of the hospital.
Psychology interns will:
- Follow clients from time of admission to a full course of care
- Provide initial assessments to evaluate physical, social, and emotional health
- Help determine the appropriate level of care
- Provide short-term intensive individual therapy, group therapy, or family therapy
- Through cognitive behavior therapy, patients and their family members also learn ways to recognize the issues that may trigger behavioral problems, as well as techniques to help manage them.
Aloysia Hall is the region's only inpatient program dedicated to strengthening the emotional health of area children. It is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, and has been serving the needs of children and their families since 1981.