Patients and Visitors
Uninsured Patients - Policy and Payment
A discount of 60% off of charges is offered to uninsured patients on hospital account balances.
Self Pay Policy
Uninsured population are considered patients who have no insurance coverage.
- Terminated coverage either due to job termination or uninsured periods during insurance transition.
- Employed patients who may be in a ‘waiting/grace’ period for insurance.
- Insured patients where coverage has exhausted. Examples:
- Therapies (physical, pain, psych) where the annual allotted volume has been used, but, additional services are still needed but not covered, and full charges are being billed.
- Non-covered services, where the medical insurance does not cover certain types of services, e.g. psych services, emergency, pain clinic, routine screenings.
- Non-covered services, where the condition is considered pre-existing and fully denied by current insurance.
The uninsured discount is published on patient statements and pre-calculated listing total charges and discounted amounts to be paid by the patient.
Uninsured discounts are not considered on the following services; cosmetic surgeries, bariatric services, or other pre-negotiated services where formal letters of agreement exist.
For more information or assistance, please call Customer Service:
Hospital Billing: 1-888-480-3539 or (814) 410-8470
Physician Billing: 1-800-865-0794 or (814) 410-8300
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.