School of Medical Technology
Conemaugh School of Medical Technology Application
Conemaugh School of Medical Technology's program begins in July of each year.
Complete application and required forms and mail to:
Melissa Shaffer, MBA, MT(ASCP)
Conemaugh School of Medical Technology
1086 Franklin Street
Johnstown, PA 15905-4398
Admission requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Consideration shall be given to scholastic aptitude, academic achievement, personal qualities, and physical and emotional health necessary to fulfill the objectives of the program. Provisional admission status may be granted at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
- The applicant must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 and minimum Science and Math GPA of 2.5.
- The applicant must have completed at least 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of Chemistry, including Organic Chemistry.
- The applicant must have completed at least 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of Biology including Microbiology. An Anatomy and Physiology class and / or a Genetics class is recommended.
- The applicant must have completed at least three semester hours of a college math class.
When the completed application and required documents are received, prospective students will be contacted by a Conemaugh School of Medical Technology representative to schedule an admission interview. The completed packet should include:
- Cover letter explaining the applicant's goals and interest in the program
- Three Reference Forms, sealed and signed across the envelope by the reference (should not be a family member)
- Candidates can also arrange for transcripts and letters of recommendations to be mailed separately to Conemaugh School of Medical Technology
- Official transcript of all post-secondary education programs
- Application fees
- An interview by the Medical Technology Program Director.