Medical Skills Learning Center
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center's Medical Skills Learning Center and accompanying coursework are designed to improve patient safety, strengthen critical thinking skills, and improve patient outcomes. Virtual and hands-on coursework also help healthcare professionals earn continuing education credits.
Conemaugh Memorial's Medical Skills Learning Center includes a wireless classroom, extensive coursework options, a procedures lab, and a state-of-the-art simulation suite to assist healthcare professionals in mastering latest patient care techniques. Resources can be combined to recreate realistic scenarios that range from a standard operating suite to a hectic Emergency Room after a mass casualty.
- Accommodates up to 20 students for lectures or meetings
- Wireless "smart room" equipped with whiteboard, LCD projector, and laptops
- Videoconferencing capabilities
- Additional classroom space available to accommodate up to 60 learners
- Equipped with models, simulators, and task trainers to assist learners in perfecting technical skill
- Practice for skills ranging from basic airway and wound management to an array of complex surgical procedures
- Opportunity for skill proficiency assessment during live instruction by faculty mentor, or recorded and saved for evaluation and debriefing at a later date
- Serves as a Wet Lab for cadaver-based training to review anatomy and perform surgical procedures
Human Patient Simulation Lab
- Conemaugh Memorial's simulator family includes i-Stan, SimJunior, SimBaby, and Noelle Birthing and Premie Hal. Trauma Man, SonoMan, and Blue Phantom ultrasound access models are also available.